New ETX Capital broker review – 2021 Update
ETX Capital is a respected online trading company with London headquarters. The broker provides trading in Forex, CFDs, and Spread Betting, with decades of experience and a variety of trading platforms. An analysis of ETX Capital will analyze all facets of their offering, including trading rates, trial accounts, and smartphone devices until a final decision is made.
ETX now also provides a full professional customer service which makes them the ‘go to’ broker for professional customers after the regulatory changes to ESMA.
Customers can choose between three platforms for trading:
ETX Trader Pro
This platform, as the name suggests, is targeted towards professional traders, or ‘pro’ accounting. As a result, you get an array of advanced features and extensive financial market access.
TraderPro comments in particular illustrate the advanced tools for charting. This allows you to pick and display various charts simultaneously in different time frames. This means you will see Ichimoku, Heikin-Ashi, and all-in-one line maps.
On top of that, you get quick access to historical info, volume indicators, guaranteed stops, and more once you have your client login information. The app also comes with a news stream so you don’t need to turn to Bloomberg’s likes to remain in the know.
Overall, there are optimistic views on ETX Capital’s TraderPro website. Many believe it’s up there with the MetaTrader 4 and 5 platforms.
The Pro platform also has skilled customer support that made ETX a common option among full-time traders.
The TraderPro platform also offers guaranteed free stop losses. This is a great benefit for traders who love using stops for risk management. The assured stop guarantees that the company is closed when the asset reaches the price, regardless of the uncertainty of the market.
ETX MetaTrader 4
A free download of MT4 is available, too. This is ideal for traders who already know the system and would prefer not to change it. This industry norm promises an array of features and excellent protection. This can be used to sell anything from bitcoin and oil to the FTSE 100 and Swiss francs.
The free MT4 software works for hedging, scalping techniques, and several other tactics. Users also get the added bonus – a lot of educational resources that are available to help them make the most of the platform.
ETX Capital has recently withdrawn its sale of binary options in the face of reforms proposed by the European regulator – ESMA. This prohibited offering binary options for institutional investors in Europe. ETX has removed the product from all traders, upholding the reputation of a responsible broker.
Minimum Initial Deposit
The initial minimum deposit will be £100. For the industry this is relatively low, making the brokerage attractive for beginners with limited initial capital.
Note that because ETX Capital is a market maker, entry requirements are lower than traditional ECN brokers and minimum bet sizes.
ETX motivates traders to make a larger initial deposit by offering traders depositing $1000 (or equivalent) a free trading course.
Commissions & Spreads
Spreads of the ETX capital are competitive. For common currency pairs, such as EUR / USD, Forex spreads start from just 0.6 pips. CFD spreads start at 0.5 pips, while minimum equity spreads start at 0.08%. The spreads start at just 0.025 points for those who wish to trade in commodities. You can end up with spreads of only 1 pip for indices.
Leverage trading can be an important way of capitalizing on business opportunities. It stretches to 1:30, for FX trading. Leverage is 1:10 for commodities while leverages vary from 1:5 to 1:10 for equities and indices.
Often worth mentioning is that margin trading comes with risks. If you’re not careful, a payment in excess of your initial deposit immediately could be required because of the margin call.
Note margin specifications are variable with exchange rate fluctuations. Also, by contacting ETX Capital or registering as a ‘doctor,’ you can change your personal leverage limits. Regulatory guidelines are capable of exploiting but apply only to institutional investors, not professionals. Leverage could hit 1:300 for professional accounts.
Other Trading Fees
Once you sign up for an account with ETX Capital, there are other fees you should be aware of. For example, there are overnight rollover fees and charges which will depend on the size and instrument of your position. For a breakdown of daily rolling charges see the official website.
Additionally, there is a monthly dormant account charge if in more than 365 days you have not done any trades. But if you want to return to the site, ETX Capital will refund you the inactivity fees for the last three months.
Promotions & Deals
Recent regulatory changes have meant ETX Capital has removed many of its incentive deals for deposits. Incentives now focus on ‘adding value’ to traders, so a deposit of any size, for example, secures a free trade course and similar benefits. It required a deposit of $1000 beforehand and is a good deal to take advantage of. Visit the ETX Education pages to view the latest free ETX webinars collection.
A growing number of people are trading intraday directly from their mobile devices. Is ETX Capital perfect for mobile trading applications, then? Reviews from consumers will say yes. Mobile trading applications are available for iOS, iPad, and Android devices for all three trading sites.
The application interface is elegant and easy to use. Employing price updates, real-time charts, one-touch trading, and a number of personalized indicators, you get access to 5000 markets and you can enter and exit positions.
In fact, the results of user reviews point to the mobile binary app as being among the industry’s best. It takes only a few seconds, for example, to bring up an energy stock quote and to enter a position. In addition, mobile apps with encryption and fast touch ID log-in are kept secure. Finally, trailing stop losses and limits can be used to control the risk.
ETX Capital will definitely meet your mobile app needs if you perform research or trade from your mobile device.
Methods of Payment
If you have signed up for an account, you will need to add funds before trading can begin. Luckily there are several options to deposit and withdraw funds, including:
- Bank Wire Transfer
- Credit & Debit Cards
- China UnionPay
Inside your account field, you can display your current account value, and then determine whether to withdraw any of your money.
For these listed three reasons, comments about withdrawal of funds are positive:
- You can use any of the same methods that were used to finance your account.
- There is no withdrawal minimum. Having said that, if you withdraw less than £100 from your profits you will incur a tax.
- Retirement times are quick. The fastest method is wire transfer that takes between 2-3 working days. All alternative approaches can take 3 to 5 working days to complete.
Should you have any withdrawal problems through customer service.
ETX Capital provides many types of accounts. The regular live trading account, as long as they can make the initial minimum deposit of £100, provides traders of all skill levels with the same types of functionality and instruments. Customers who sign up as ‘Pro’ can also appreciate the skilled customer service that provides greater flexibility and exposure to forms of investment not available to retail traders.
To qualify as a skilled trader, ETX needs traders to meet 2 of the three following criteria:
- More than €500k of liquid assets besides your house, if you own one.
- Related financial-service experience.
- Traded 10 times or more in each of the last 4 quarters.
There are also other benefits with larger deposits, such as free trading courses and similar rewards and deals.
Note ETX Capital does not provide Islamic traders with a swap-free account.
While there is only one live trading account, there is a free demo account. You can get a free account on MT4. Additionally, you can apply for an account with ETX TraderPro. Once you have your demo login details, you can then use virtual cash to trade stocks on the Dax 30, for example.
Practice accounts provide a great opportunity to create trust and establish strategies. You can then close your forex demo account from inside your account area when you’ve gained experience and moved to real-time trading.
A Quick Jog Through History
Before looking at customer trading feedback, here’s a short description of the firm: Monecor (London) Limited owns and operates ETX Capital. In 2007 the company was purchased by the private equity investment firm JRG Company and the BXR Group through a joint venture.
The story of the parent company started in 1965, while ETX Capital was founded in 2002 and is not broadly known in the industry. It is because the owner and board of directors had previously centered their attention on retail traders and individuals with a high net worth.
However, since opening their doors to ordinary traders, the partners and directors have seen tremendous progress. Firstly, they have become an FX broker regulated by the FCA. In 2014 the broker went online and hit the headlines with the Alpari network purchase in 2015.
With a dedicated helpline and the deployment of MetaTrader 4 (MT4) servers, the ETX Capital Group was swift to promote a smooth transition for existing Alpari clients. As a result, consumer scores, as well as share price and turnover, were up.
Finally, to those people who wonder what the significance behind the acronym ETX is:
- Electronic Trading
- Telephone Trading
- Execution Services
Most comments say the best aspect of a bid from ETX Capital is the selection of available services. These include:
- Sentiment Mapper – FX clients and spread betting can get a lookat how fellow ETX Capital traders have been honing their craft. For instance, one can see if people have a bullish or bearish disposition. Also, if you want to take a position on gold or oil, you could head over to an interactive chart and see in which direction other traders are moving. When used the right way, this will help you boost your salary and capitalise on trends.
- Education – The broker offers a vast range of free educational resources – training modules, video commentary, downloadable files and more. All of which can help you with everything from basic definitions to implementing complex strategies.
- Automated trading – The MT4 platform allows for APIs and extensions so you can enlist the services of trading robots and EAs.
- Numerous Accolades – ETX have 4 awards in 2020 under their belt already, the most recent being ‘Shares’ Best Online Trading Platform title.
License & Regulation
As forex and CFD broker reviews show, it is becoming ever more necessary to find a trustworthy exchange. This is a result of rising numbers of scams and dishonest brokers. Luckily, a quick search of the company reveals that ETX Capital has FCA regulatory oversight, with a Financial Services register number 124721.
Since they are limited they have to comply with a range of consumer protection measures. That should make it simple for intraday traders – ETX Capital is a legitimate broker, concerned with both customers and their dividends.
ETX Capital is notable in many fields:
- No dealing desk – ETX Capital is a no dealing desk broker. Because of this, you may benefit from straightforward and direct trade access, plus low costs.
- Rebates – FX traders may be suited for a cash back rebate for every completed trade. Moreover, user reviews talk of pretty insignificant problems with slippage.
- Demo account – Prospective forex, CFD and spread betting users can have a trial version of ETX Capital. This is great for honing the craft and trying out ETX Capital’s software.
- Trading tools – Customer reviews speak highly of the scope of tools on offer from this leading platforms. You get advanced charts, one-click trading, plus a range of technical indicators.
- Market choice – There is no shortage of products and instruments to choose from. As a result, the broker is a logical choice for both novices and finance gurus.
- Competitive spreads – When looking at ETX Capital vs IG Index, NinjaTrader or Plus500, one can conclude that ETX promises attractive prices for active traders.
- Education – There is an array of free educational material available to traders, including seminars, tutorial videos, user guides and manuals. These are especially good for novice traders.
- International accessibility – Customers from all over the globe can trade with ETX Capital, be it from Australia, Ireland, Germany, Spain, India or Indonesia. However, traders from the United States are not accepted.
- Pro Clients – Pro Client Care. Offering higher leverage, more control over closed trades and more trading options.
Despite notable benefits, customer reviews also highlight a number of downsides to the ETX Capital offers:
- Limited account options – There have been complaints about the limited account choices. One regular account means there are no financial incentives and benefits for traders with bigger capital.
- Complex navigation – The website can be hard to navigate, especially when compared with other players in the industry’s field. This can all put a stain on the overall user experience.
- Negative balance protection – Other brokers elsewhere do more when it comes to negative balance protection for customers. It would be reassuring to see the CEO do more to protect users in this way.
- No live chat – Whilst most competitors offer live chat support, ETX Capital offers only telephone and email support.
- No localised telephone support – ETX Capital does not have localised telephone support numbers for international clients. For example, traders from Dubai will be calling the same number as someone in Dublin.
Overall, opening hours for ETX Capital are below the industry average. For instance, between 22:00 GMT Sunday through 21:55 GMT Friday the TraderPro platform is open for forex trading.
Specific product trading times may however vary in response to liquidity changes. Additionally, opening hours may be influenced by Christmas trading hours and other holidays. For upcoming holiday hours see the official website.
Contact & Client Care
ETX Capital customer reports have been mixed in terms of the given customer service. On the other hand, email and telephone help is available. For the appropriate telephone contact number and email address see the Contact Us section of the website.
The customer support of ETX Capital is offered in a long list of languages, including English and South African.
User reviews show that they can help you with anything from binary login information and forgotten passwords to pip calculators and advice when the website is down.
You may also go to their FAQ and Support site. Here you can find answers to the most common problems.
A con is that, unlike other rivals, help is not available 24/7, but rather runs from 07:30 to 21:00 GMT Monday to Friday. Additionally, there is no support for live chat, with some rivals now providing online video chat services.
Ultimately, a range of customer facilities is available to customers. Yet beginners looking for hands-on live chat or video help may want to look at alternatives.
Safety & Security
ETX Capital Verdict
Is ETX Capital suitable? Well, forex, CFD, spread betting and binary options reviews suggest yes. ETX Capital makes a strong broker candidate, with vast experience, efficient trading resources and an open demo account. If you are searching for reliability and honesty, in particular, a long list of awards helps to show that ETX Capital might be the right option.
ETX Capital supports UK traders only.